Friday

#TBSxmasbonanza: The Body Shop Blogger's Christmas Bonanza

Hello :)
Last week I merged my work life & bloggy life by hosting The Body Shop's Christmas Bonanza! I had been planning the event for weeks, sending e-mails back & forth & of course pondering the snack selections...
I decided that I needed to spread the joy & get everyone in the festive spirit so what better way to do it than shopping, cupcakes & lovely company? I put on my favourite Christmas jumper (a charity shop gem!) accompanied by my elfy ears headband & prepared for the day...
Hayley & myself in the festive spirit :)
 I had previously hosted a mini blogger event in the summer although this one was on a much bigger scale! I haven't done much event planning but it's definitely something I'd like to do more of :) Before all the lovely bloggers arrived I was running around like a madwoman, an unfortunately that day had been the worst windy/stormy weather that we'd experienced in a while so traffic/public transport was a nightmare.

It was so lovely to see some familiar & new faces! I feel like Northern bloggers always get left out when it comes to events, that's why I wanted to host my own, to bring together a little community of local blog ladies :)

I've worked at The Body Shop for a good 6 years now so I feel like I have so much to share about everything in the shop! I review & recommend products so many times in a day anyway, it was nice to share my knowledge with other beauty bloggers. The Christmas ranges this year are amazing & I have noticed that The Body Shop as a brand are getting a lot more involved with beauty bloggers which I think is brilliant. They have even launched their own blog-Body Language which has some great posts by an array of British beauty bloggers & Body Shop employees.
Instagram snaps (thanks to Ness for pics)
I thoroughly enjoyed hosting the event, even if I did seem a little car-azy. All of the ladies that work in the shop are a little bit loony but that's how we like it ;) After the event myself & a few members of the blogger crew braved the gales and ventured down to Treehouse, previously known as Buka bar. The venue has had an entire re-fit and looks incredible!  I didn't get any pictures of the decor but it is very whimsical/Pinterest-worthy :) We stayed for a couple of delicious cocktails, chatted away for a good hour & then all said our goodbyes...

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's tweets, reading posts & looking at the instagram pics. It makes all the planning worthwhile. The feedback I've had has been brilliant so I hope to organise more events in the future :)

Thanks to all these lovely ladies for coming to the event:











If you are interested in coming to future events please let me know, It's always lovely to meet other local bloggers :)
Thanks for reading!
Rachelle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will ALWAYS read every comment and try my hardest to reply & check out your blog so please leave a link :)