Sunday

Inner Granny Loves: THERMALS

 Hello!
This is a new feature that I'm gonna run with. I often think that I am a granny wrapped in a lanky 23-year-olds body! So some things I love are kinda, well y'know old fashioned. So I'm thinking in the 'Inner Granny loves' feature I can find 'cool' versions of old fashioned things.

So today and for the last few months my inner granny has been loving: Thermals. Yep layers to keep the heat in. I'm convinced I am cold-blooded during the winter as I don't generate heat! Thermals to me typically mean ugly undergarments that you find in the Damart catologue on your doorstep or those weird long john things that men wear when they're fishing or doing manly outdoor activities. That was until I discovered Uniqlo's HEATTECH range which does all the same jobs as regular thermals but are available in pretty prints that can be worn as outerwear! 
Images taken from here
Honestly Uniqlo were a brand that I'd heard of but that was about it. I have never seen a shop or ever decided to spontaneously peruse their site (we all know how much 'basics' excite me *yawn*) but after seeing the Orla Kiely x Uniqlo collaboration on a few blogs it did intrigue me. I then proceeded to spend £50 on thermals. Quite an achievement for someone who hasn't bought anything brand new for ages!
 These are perfect for layering, I've worn them under my work uniform, under short-sleeve dresses and even on their own they look super cute. I want to add more to my collection!

Whilst on the website I also got two other tops that were from the Celia Birtwell range. These aren't the same HEATTECH material but the prints are so cute! Plus a girl can never have too many yellow-russian-doll-print-cat-dog-long-sleeve-tops huh? ;) The other one is grey with a lace pattern and owls kissing in a frame awhh.
My hair changes all.the.time. It's purple at the moment ;)

What do you think of Uniqlo? Do you own any HEATTECH or so called 'fashionable' thermals?
Thanks for reading :)
Rachelle xxx

2 comments:

  1. I like the yellow top, actually I like prints in general. If u are interested you can take a look at my blog, it´s ornelga.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the yellow top, actually I like prints in general. If u are interested you can take a look at my blog, it´s ornelga.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will ALWAYS read every comment and try my hardest to reply & check out your blog so please leave a link :)