Tuesday

LIFE UPDATE: The Start Of The Adventure...

Hi everyone!
Blummin' heck I was doing so well with my twice-weekly postings and then life has all gone and changed again...

I've been working as a manager of a handmade, gift shop since November which has been great working on an indie, start-up business and in a sector I love-locally made whimsical gifts. Though I knew it wouldn't be permanent I was still sad when the owner said she had decided to close the shop. So I have til the end of June to wrap that up.

Meanwhile, I've finished my stint of volunteering in the charity shop. As much as I enjoyed it, it wasn't really making sense for me to pay to get there and inevitably buy half the shop each week! So I said my goodbyes to my fave volunteers last week.

My boyfriend and I have been planning to do some travelling this year and I have done a terrible job of saving (The manager job has only been 3-days a week tbf)
So I'm in a place where nothing is really certain at the moment.
I'm usually a chilled out soul but I just like the cogs to be turning so I can progress in the right direction and get prepared!

One thing that is certain is that on the 29th August I'll be boarding a one-way flight to Phuket!! We booked that this weekend so that has been really exciting! At least we can go ahead and start our travelling adventures.

We're both 25, no career jobs, no mortgage and no responsibilities so it really is the ideal time for us to go galavanting around and see some new cultures. I'm lacking on the inspiration front at the minute and I feel like I need a change of scenery to get my mojo back :)

I'm still doing my writing work and I'm doing a couple of shifts a week at my local bakery just to get some more cash in the pot before I leave (& for discounted sourdough!)
I'm in holiday-prep mode now, so expect more adventure related posts...

Have you been to Thailand before? Any must-sees or travel tips?
Thanks For Reading :)
Rachelle xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rachelle you will love Thailand, it's stunning! I visited some of the refugee camps in the North of the country and it was an unforgettable experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will ALWAYS read every comment and try my hardest to reply & check out your blog so please leave a link :)